through faith in the blood of Christ
so that we might bear the fruit of the spirit
by being obedient to the word of God
through the interpretation of the Holy Spirit
to bring fourth works of obedience to the word of God
that result in a testimony
to bring glory to God and to show Him to others.
- Grace: To who? Does God grant grace to everyone or just the repentant or just the believer or just the elect or just the baptized or just the obedient or just the faithful?
- Faith: Yes it is evidence of what is not seen - so how do we know its genuine or sufficient?
- Obedient: To what? To our conscience? To our pastor? To our leaders? To our doctrine? Are we to be keepers of the law (Moral, Dietary, Feasts, Sabbaths)? Evangelistic? Humble? Pay our taxes? Obey the government or our parents whatever they say to do? Dress well? Read our scriptures daily?
- The Word: Which translation? The Greek or Hebrew? Which manuscripts? Which cannon?
- Holy Spirit: Is that a voice in our heads? Should we hear Him audibly? How do we discern the spirit from our minds? If we lack hearing from the Spirit is that due to our lack of faith? Is this just doing whatever we think is right?
- Prayer: Do we pray the Lord's prayer? Do we use rosary beads? Do we kneel or prostate ourselves? Do we get alone in some place? Do we just think about God and know that that's good enough? Do we pray the word or our thoughts or do we just groan and let the Holy Spirit pray for us? Daily? Without ceasing? In tongues?
- Works: Is this visible works? Can our prayers be a work? Do we need to see a physical change such as healings or tongues to be validated? Do we even do the works ourselves or just let God do them through us? Is this many people I helped save? God says he will judge us by these - so we need to get it right if we want some crowns to give back to God. Is it different for each person? (ie: Prophets, Teachers, Exhorters, etc.) Are these just the fruits of the spirit (long suffering, joy, peace, patience, kindness, etc.)?
- A Testimony: Do we have to be missionaries? Public speakers? Do we need to go door to door or bother everyone at work with an evangelical message or prayer? Do we need a date or a written story? Or is this just agreeing that God made everything and He is amazing? Do we just share what we feel prompted to when-ever and where-ever that happens to be?
- Glory: How do I bring glory to the creator of the universe? Is He pleased with me where I am? What is glorious? My accomplishments? People's opinion of me? How much I give to others? How well I sing? How well I know the Word? How much I pray? How much God happens to use me in my life?
Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to him belong. They are weak but He is strong!
Such thoughts make me sit in a state of helpless humility as I wait on the grace of God to be manifest in my life.